You’ve probably heard of free radicals before, especially in regard to aging. But how much do you really know? We’re focusing on explaining what exactly free radicals are, what they do to your body and how to combat the damage. We’re also taking an in-depth look at a supplement solution to minimize free radical damage. As always, we’re focused on empowering you in your life to make good decisions and to understand what it is you’re putting in your body. Knowledge is power, after all.
Where do I find it?
Free radicals can be found in superoxide (O2), hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and peroxynitrite (OONO)
- Naturally produced by your body through digestive and metabolic processes
- Combat damage with antioxidants like Vitamin E, Vitamin C supplements and beta-carotene found in carrots
What is it?
- Free radicals are highly reactive compounds that can cause severe damage to healthy cells
- Any molecule with a single unpaired electron in your body
What does it do?
- When free radicals combine with cells it isn’t supposed to be with, like enzymes or protein, it destroys your immunity and alters your DNA code
- Speeds up the aging process, breaking down collagen
- Reduces oxygen supply to cells
Free radicals are molecules that have an odd number of electrons, which naturally occurs during your digestive and metabolic processes. Once these free radicals form through reacting with the oxygen we breathe, they can easily multiply and cause even more damage throughout the body. To combat this, antioxidants and various supplements can be consumed. Vitamin E, vitamin C and beta-carotene as micronutrients can all safely interact with free radicals to minimize damage. Try WellPath’s customized nutritional solutions to get your daily supplement dose to improve your body’s peak performance and minimize free radical damage.