Bodyweight training has hit the fitness scene, and no it’s not just a fad. Bodyweight training is a great method of functional training for any person at any fitness level. There are many benefits of bodyweight training including:
- It can be done anywhere and everywhere.
- You don’t need to pay for an expensive gym membership.
- You can get in an excellent workout in a very short amount of time.
- The possibilities are endless and it’s always possible to progress exercises as you get strong and stronger.
- It’s a great form of cross-training for runners, bikers and professional athletes to improve muscular endurance, coordination and to get the body to work out in an integrated way recruiting multiple muscle groups (as opposed to isolation exercises that burn minimal calories).
Looking to give bodyweight training a go? Then you’ve come to the right place. This Total Body Workout is ideal for fat-burning and increasing strength. So next time you’re traveling for business, want a quick at-home workout or want to take your training outdoors – this workout is the perfect option.
The BEST Total Body Workout
- 20 Jump Squats
- 20 4-Count Burpees
- 10 Lunge & Twist (left side)
- 10 Lunge & Twist (right side)
- 20 Narrow Push-Ups
- 20 Wide Push-Ups
50 Bicycle Crunches
Repeat 3 rounds
Happy sweating! I hope you really enjoy this killer workout. For more quick and free workouts like these, subscribe to the Runtastic Fitness Channel on YouTube. I am looking forward to connecting with you there.